Tell me if this sounds familiar:
You heard that paying for a sponsored Facebook posts could get you thousands of views, and likes, in just a few days. So you hurry off to release you next video, and buy a sponsored Facebook post, hoping it gets you tons of views,sells. and likes…Exited about the opportunity, you rush through the process, expecting to see your video take off immediately.
And it does… quickly.
After watching your video views skyrocket, it’s certainly doing better than you expected, but then you noticed something. The people liking your video are not buying your products. They are not sharing your video. And you’re losing more money than your making.
Stop! What’s going on?
The good news is your not alone. Facebook Advertisement are one of those things that are easy to do, but the small details are very important, so you can get the best return on your investment. Don’t worry,you can fix these things yourself, in no time.
Normally, all you have to do is make a few small adjustments to see the results that you want. Below we have given you 5 common mistakes we have seen people make whenever setting up their Facebook advertisements. Ready. Lets get started.
5 Mistakes Most People Make With Sponsoring Facebook Advertisements
1. Setting The Wrong Goals For Your Facebook Advertisement
Before you dive into creating a Facebook Advertisement, you need to set your goals. What are you trying to achieve when you buy a Facebook Advertisement?
Do you want to?
- Get more video views
- Increase the number of people who download your product
- Get people to claim your offer
- Reach more people in your neighborhood
- Encourage people to come out to your events
- Boost your posts reach so that more people can see it
Keep in mind Facebook makes it easy to set your own goals if you don’t have one.
See, nothing fancy. They are straightforward. By setting appropriate goals for your Facebook Advertisement, your digital marketing campaign can be more effective.
2. Not Targeting Anyone For Your Facebook Advertisement
The secret to having a successful Facebook Advertisement Campaign is having the right target market for your product or service. If you create the right target market for your business, your advertisements will be more relevant. In the end, you can save more money. The worst thing that can happen is,the wrong person clicks on your advertisement. You immediately lose money. Imagine losing $0.50, every 5 seconds in a 24 hour day. It’s scary.
Luckily, Facebook comes with a ton of easy to use options to help you narrow down your target audience. Some of them include:
- Location filters: enable you to target potential customers in different geographical locations. (Shrink your target to a niche area)
- Age filters: help you reach a certain age group on Facebook
- Income filters: are great tools to weave out customers who can afford to buy you’re product or service.
- Interest filters: connect your post with potential customers who might like your product or service. For example, if you make music, you may want to find people who like a musician similar to you.
- Behavior filters: connect you to potential customers based on how they use the Internet. For example you may want to target people who use Firefox instead of Internet explorer to surf the web. (Seems small but there is a huge difference between the two people)
If you want to run a successful Facebook Advertisement Campaign, it is important that you are as specific
3. Forgetting to Write Interesting Advertisements
This is a big one. It’s easy to slap anything together for your Facebook Advertisement. Every Facebook ad that you put out to should grab people’s attention. And before they think about looking at your ad, they read your copy. This can be tricky, but it’s worth taking the time to write a good advertisement for your product or service.
Try these tips to write better advertisements:
- Include a call to action telling people what to do
- Make it interesting. You can’t bore people into buying things from you
- Use language that is similar to your target audience
- Use a compelling thumbnail from your video to grab peoples attention
You have 5 seconds to get the customers attention. Make it count.
4. Setting The Wrong Budget For Your Facebook Advertisement
Facebook can make or break you, if you don’t know how to set your budget. You can burn through thousands of dollars not get one click if your not paying attention. So lets get started.
You need to know the difference between spending your digital marketing on clicks Vs impressions. The difference is:
- When you pay for clicks you only spend money whenever someone clicks on your ad.
- When you pay for impressions, you spend money every time people see your ad. Sometimes you might get charged even if people don’t see your ad. The fact that it was shown on their timeline is enough to charge you for it.
So choose wisely how you spend your money. Each option has its own pros and cons. We suggest that you take the time to find out what is best for you.
5. Forgetting To Pay Attention To The Results
It’s easy to get caught up in seeing who likes your post, and then getting excited when you see a boost of comments on your posts. But likes and comments are not the only thing that matter.
• People can be clicking on your link and never take the time to like your post.
• Consider looking at your reach to see if you need to change your target audience.
• Consider looking at what you’re bidding on ads. You might be getting more traffic by spending less on clicks and more on impressions.
- See what is bringing you the click and likes.
- Run more than one adds at a time to see how your ads are performing.
Do not settle for tons of Facebook video views. You will miss allot of very important details if you don’t check up on your ads.
These are just a few of the many mistakes people make whenever launching their Facebook Advertisement. If you are having a tough time setting up a Facebook Ad Campaign and you are located in Pittsburgh, PA (or surrounding areas) please contact us today at 412-552-3128 or email us at email@example.com and we will be more than happy to help you solve your digital marketing problems.
Thanks and good luck.